Friday, February 15, 2008

The Prettiest Vomit I've Ever Seen

The prettiest vomit I’ve ever seen


Jason has not been up for Sorry today. He ate a tiny bit this morning and had half of a milk shake this afternoon. He hasn't left the couch once. I let the Motrin wear off so his body could have some time to fight the infection. Shortly after I took his temp (103.6) he vomited. I have cleaned up more than my share of emesis, both human and animal alike, but none has ever looked so pretty. It resembled vanilla pudding. Devin thought it looked more like pancake batter. I think he is right. No odor, no fuss clean up. Usually it happens in the middle of the night and shoots in every direction. The worst I can remember was when Devin became sick in the car years ago. The car never did smell the same.

I gave J some Motrin. It didn't bring the temp all the way down earlier, so I am curious to see his temp in a couple of hours.

I am going to my uncle's wake in a little while, hopefully he will be okay until I get back. David doesn't do well with vomiting children, not even his own.

No comments: