Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hail..hail..more hail

Hello winter weather. Technically we are still in Fall but this morning was cold and the hail pelted me and J as we waited at the bus stop for what seemed like an eternity.

Yesterday was no better weather wise. On the way to clinicals, the hail bounced off my windshield. It was my first day as group leader. We were not given much instruction other than what to set up and where. We were being tested, I think, on our ability to adapt and think critically on our own. I believe we did a good job. Our instructor agreed.

Monday was football equipment turn in. I asked them if it was okay to sew the practice pants that were ripped when we got them. They not only said it was okay, but gave me several more that needed mending. I learned to sew in 7th grade home ec. I hope to figure out the best way to keep the pants from ripping again in the same spot. I'm going to consult the gals at Joanne Fabrics to make sure I'm doing it right. While I'm there, I need to gather materials to make my teens and smoking prevention poster for school. I am going to ask Devin for help on this since he is a teen. I am painfully aware that I am not cool. I also know that I am not a kid anymore which means I have no idea how to get my point across to teens in a way that doesn't make them roll their eyes. The other presentation is a puppet show with a board that is already made. My group gets to write a song and read a book. This is my kind of project. I love working with kids almost as much as I love nursing.

1 comment:

Eric Durbin, RPh said...

Hail?!

Hail?!

The only hail I need to hear about is:


Hail, to the Victors valiant
Hail, to the conq'ring heroes
Hail, Hail to Michigan
Leaders and best


Hail, to the Victors valiant
Hail, to the conq'ring heroes
Hail, Hail to Michigan
Champions of the West




GO BLUE