Sunday, July 22, 2007

$1 a game

Bowling alleys must be hurting this summer because they are offering games for $2.50 on Saturdays and $1.00 on Sunday evenings. They still get you to spend $3.00 to rent shoes but it is a heck of a deal. I was surprised to see the parking lot was almost empty. How could people pass this up?! We had a great time. I did really well the first game but then got progressively worse with each game that followed. Jason did much better than he has ever done averaging 55. Devin and David improved with each game. Devin bowled 104 the last game. That is his highest score to date! I was very proud. By the 7th frame of our third game the alley was packed and it felt like an oven. I was very impressed with the young people surrounding us. There were several teenagers and young adults who were very polite and well behaved. I always think of these moments when people complain about kids today.

I think we will be bowling on Sundays for as long as the deal is on. I am seriously thinking of buying my own ball and shoes. While I do not think it will improve my performance, at least I know where they have been.

1 comment:

Eric Durbin, RPh said...

"There were several teenagers and young adults who were very polite and well behaved. I always think of these moments when people complain about kids today."


monkeyhugs,

I think that you're getting old, referring to the kids like that.

I prefer to think of them as my younger contemporaries. I mean I'm only 29 years old (with 6 years experience)