Sunday, July 15, 2007

little sticks everywhere

CD player, party, and uncle


Well, the dealer finally fixed my cd player. There was a moment when I thought it still was not functioning properly, but then I realized the reason I couldn't go to the next cd was I had not put them pack in the player. Sigh....

Saturday we went to our niece's first birthday party. The dark clouds loomed the entire day. Our youngest niece, Casey's baby girl, is the most adorable creature. She smiled and laughed. She escaped under the present table as her parents were working their way through the pile. There she played with a ribbon and giggled as Jason danced like a goofball for her. She does this cute little army crawl on the grass. She does a normal one on the carpet and floor. After crawling on the grass after her I see why. There are little sticks everywhere. One dug a little hole in my knee. She's a smart cookie. The party was at my dad's house in the booneys. The kids played football, baseball, and with the Super Soakers. Devin decided at one point to put pop in one of them. Grrr....I love seeing my family. They are very easy going and fun to hang out with. L didn't know what to do with her cake. She rubbed most of it on her dad. By the end, her face was completely covered in frosting which really ticked her off. Once she was clean she enjoyed her presents. She especially liked her new car. Laura gave her her cell phone. So while I pushed her around the yard she excitedly held out the phone. Casey's friend brought over her mini pony. The kids didn't seem to care. I thought it was cool. Laura, home for the summer from college, brought her boyfriend and best friend Lyndsey. I had never met her friend before. She is very nice. Learned a little bit more about her boyfriend Chris. He seems very down to earth. Jessie was up from Athens. The boys adore him. I think Jason tackled him on sight. He is great with kids. By the end of the day we were too tired to go down to the boat so now I owe the boys back to back weekends at the boat.

Today is a lazy day. We are beat from yesterday.

Side note: My Uncle has stage III colon cancer. He starts chemo soon.

No comments: