Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My cd player is channeling Linda Blair

The CD player in my car is a girl. At times she is sweet. So accommodating that she sings my favorite songs with little coaxing. So moody that she will end the song abruptly and spit it out without warning.

My cd player needs replaced. I brought it to the dealership's attention two months ago. They forgot to order it the first time I mentioned it, which I was not aware of until I called to see why it was taking so long. They assured me that this time it would in fact be ordered and they would call me in two weeks. A month later, I called them. "It will be in tomorrow," Steve said in a chipper voice. They said it would only take 35-45 minutes to put in. I was there today for an hour and twenty minutes only to find out that the radio was sent with brackets that wouldn't fit. They tried to make it work but one bracket could be removed and the other was not supposed to be removed. And so a new player must be sent. They called tonight to let me know it will be in tomorrow. The guy who called promised to call as soon as he set eyes on it. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My girl is channeling Linda Blair.

1 comment:

Eric Durbin, RPh said...

Last summer it took three trips to the dealer to get our alternator repaired. Ask me how happy I was.