Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No line of demarcation on the horizon

Today was a pool day. David had a busy day at work otherwise it would have been a boat/beach day. The temp exceeded 90 degrees.

The day started with a dental appointment. I don't go as often I as I should. The last time was two years ago. Water was turned off in the building half way through my cleaning leaving me with a mouth full of gunk. Gunk isn't a word you hear nearly enough. Fortunately they were able to find me some bottled water to rinse with. Overall not a bad experience. I need to floss more.

Headed to the pool with the boys as soon as it opened. Have to get there early to get a chair. The water was like a bath. Some people like it cold when it is hot out, not me. J brought his blue football to play with which kept us busy most of the time in the pool. I know, everything we do seems to revolve around football. I took breaks every so often to read my ND book The New Gold Standard: Charlie Weis and Notre Dame's Rise to Glory by Tim Prister. I was easily distracted so I only read on chapter today, but that is no reflection on the book. I like it. It is responsible for my farmers tan from last week at the pool where instead of swimming I stayed in my shorts and read the whole time.

By the time we returned, David was home. We headed out to the buffet. Found out it was Blizard/Banana split night. J also got a balloon. From there off to the boat. The lake was as flat as glass. Boaters were in heaven as they skimmed the water at speeds exceeding 60 mph. Not us though. We are cruisers, not go fast people. Traveled the lake some and the river. The sun had almost set completely as we entered the channel to dock. The sky was a mixture of pastels making the lake equally beautiful. There was no line of demarcation on the horizon. It's as if we were just floating on air.

No comments: