Saturday, October 6, 2007

Notre Dame football only $129.00 + tax!

We settled in to watch the Notre Dame game only to find it is not on. Technically it is on PPV for $129.00 + tax. Ummm...I consider myself a die hard Notre Dame fan but if I'm going to spend money to see Notre Dame play it is going to be in person. This unfortunate programing has me tuning in to watch Ohio State play Purdue instead. I have a deal with Devin that I root for OSU when they are not playing ND. I find this difficult to do. I used to be a fan back in college because my boyfriend at the time went there. I became an Irish fan with my husband shortly after we were married. I find that I have no legitimate reason to dislike Ohio State and yet I do. Maybe my subconsious has the old boyfriend linked with the team. See my stint in Mental Health nursing already has me analyzing my behavior not just my patients'.

School is going well. Psych nursing is different than med surg in that it is primarily about therapeutic communication. We learned therapeutic communication skills back in first semester and have continued to practice them each clinical rotation, but never to this extent. My biggest fear is saying the worng thing. The textbook states this is a common fear of nursing students which believe it or not helps. Only four more weeks of this rotation.

I downloaded virtual Stitch again to my computer. I have downloaded different versions over the years and deleted them when I get bored with the program. This program has experiments 221 and 625 as well. The best thing about virtual Stitch is he doesn't die if I forget to play with him like the monkey on my pda.


Tomorrow Jason's team plays the midget league Irish who
(ironically) are undefeated. I have to work the concession stand after the game. I have a touch of the flu and hope to be feeling better by then.

No comments: