Friday, March 28, 2008

the best club sandwich I have ever had

Baker's Square has been around for as long as I can remember. David and I have a habit of eating out often which means there are few restaurants we have not tried. For some reason, we had forgotten about Baker's Square until recently. Aside from having some of the best pie, they also have the best club sandwich I have ever had. I have tried clubs from various places in the area and have found they all use lunch meat. BS uses hand-carved turkey and ham with hickory smoked bacon and mayo. I always order it with the bacon well done because 9 times out of 10, regardless of where I order it, it will be under cooked for my taste. I get it without mayo usually, but today I forgot to order it without. I wiped most of it off and it was still delicious.

There is a special running where you can get soup or salad paired with pie for only $3.99 when you buy a meal. The a la mode pies and cheese cake are not included. It was well worth it. David had the banana cream and I had the French Silk pie. We left feeling full, not stuffed. The waitresses and hostess are pleasant and helpful. The prices are reasonable. It only cost us $29 + tip.

No comments: