Thursday, March 27, 2008

Eli Stone

The promos for this show are what sparked my interest but I have learned that promos, pilots, and in some cases, first seasons can be misleading. I like the plot of Eli Stone. I think because the main character has hallucinations, especially those including George Michael, there are infinite possibilities for story lines. The concept is similar to Dirt's with the most important difference being that Don Konkey is mentally ill whereas Eli has a brain aneurysm causing his all too realistic visions. That and Don's hallucinations don't determine which pictures to take. Eli has the burden of visions that have a purpose. He is guided to do good much like Gary Hobson in Early Edition. It is an all consuming task that alienates the people he is closest to. The brain aneurysm is supposed to be extremely risky to remove but as of tonight, Eli has elected to give it a go. Now one of two things are possible here, either the writers will come up with some story that will make it impossible to be done or (my personal favorite) he will still have the hallucinations after the aneurysm is removed. Humor me here. Let's say that his acupucturist is correct in his belief that Eli is a Prophet. That his visions serve a purpose and that removing what medically seems to be the cause will not stop them. I don't think they will go that route but I wanted to put it out there.

No comments: