Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Greek

This show appeals to me not from a "been there done that" perspective but as one who was an independent with friends who were Greek. I was a Little Sis for the Kappa Psi fraternity because most of the guys I was friends with in the co-ed honors dorm were pharmacy majors. Our pledging was nothing compared to theirs. We had to perform one good deed, one bad deed (ours was legendary), learn the history of the Kappa Psi sisters, and I believe host a breakfast or something like that. No hell week for us or a need to fit in. I get a kick out of watching the show Greek because it is what I remember college being. Well, at least the whole year I went away to school in my youth anyway. The character Rusty (Jacob Zachar)is sweet. His sister Casey (Spencer Grammer) is growing on me. She is the daughter of Kelsey Grammer. I guess you could say that the show is a guilty pleasure of mine. It isn't thought provoking, just fun to watch.

My sister is pledging a sorority right now, so it also gives me a glimpse of what she is going through. Or not, I will have to get her perspective when I see her.

No comments: