Sunday, August 26, 2007

Arrrr...I'm a pirate wench!

Last weekend David and I went to a pirate party thrown by our friend Todd. Yep, we dressed accordingly. I was a saucy pirate wench complete with pirate style boots and fishnets. I almost didn't wear the boots because they were high heeled and spikey but the ground was so soft that they sunk in so it was like wearing flats. David wore a pirate shirt, hoop earring, hat, and pants (cut pajama pants from Target). I would say that less than half the people dressed up. Todd made huge turkey legs and everyone brought side dishes. I was grateful for the ladies who brought the pizza, since I am so darn picky that there was nothing else for me to eat. While we were eating, the DJ showed up only to find that he lost the key to his equipment. Jimmy, Todd's brother and friend to all, immediately came to the rescue. It wasn't long before the music was set up and the sun went down. One of the guys went up with our requests to the DJ. After some time I became impatient that they had yet to play my request of Another One Bites The Dust so I went up myself. Sure enough, the next song was mine. I have to wonder if the costume...um...remember I was a saucy wench...had something to do with it. lol There was another party, a luau, two channels over that Todd's sibs talked us into going to in the middle of the pirate party. There they had karaoke. I do not sing outside of my car, but apparently it is a big thing with everyone else. Lots of food and people. I was excited to see cake. Cake and the electric slide made the party for me. They also had a tv the next dock over where they were watching the Browns game. I didn't realized until it was over. By the time we returned to the pirate party the excitement was over. Women and wenches alike flashed for glow in the dark necklaces that I was able to get for just for looking pretty. No show from me. By this time, most people changed into regular clothes, which never accurred to us. A couple of people David graduated with emerged from the crowd proving once again that the world is a very small place. Turns out we were all invited by different people. They were very nice and funny. By 1am we were ready to turn in. We said our goodbyes and headed for the boat. It was so cool that night we had to put on the heat. Worked out better that way as the costumes were heavy.

Overall, it was a lot of fun. We are looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: