Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kris's baby shower

Last Sunday was the baby shower for my cousin Kris so we left the boat early that morning. The shower was at 2pm which gave me plenty of time to relax. Unfortunately the rain that began the night before had not subsided, it instead increased in intensity. Many guest decided to pass on the party. Only one tent outside covered well which kept the majority of us inside. I ventured out to eat and then later on to play cards (Phase 10). I watched them play for a bit to learn and didn't get to play until Kris's son Cameron got bored and gave me his spot. My family is super competitive but go easy on me because I am not. It could be because they are being nice or that it just isn't fun to bust the chops of someone who doesn't care. I really enjoyed it. Kris received just about everything. She has two boys already but gave away everything just before she found out she was pregnant again. Isn't that the way it goes?! She was scheduled to have a c-section Friday. She had a baby girl Mylee.

After it was over, I stayed to help clean up. I didn't get home until 8 or 9pm. This is the most I have seen my dad's side of the family in a while. I have seen them 3 times in the last 3 weeks. I think that is a record.

No comments: