Sunday, August 26, 2007

Football, football, and more football

Tis the season for football. Devin has had practice every day and Jason just started this week. Devin's scrimage was cancelled on Wednesday. This week he has his first real game on the 29th. The middle school team got free tickets to go to the hs game on Friday. We let him go with his friends. Surprisingly the hs team won. Who knew it was possible?! I feel for the Geneva team as we are not known for winning. Glad our guys have a win. Maybe that momentum will carry over to the Perry game this week. One can hope. Meanwhile, my hs team was crushed. Never really followed Mentor football. As much as I love football I just never followed my own schools team. It makes no sense I know.

Jason plays for the Wolverines. Yes, this makes my friend Eric happy because cheering for the Wolverines in any way, even in midget league, is the way it should be. I helped J memorize the holes for practice today. Games don't start for a couple weeks so he has time.

We watched the Browns play last night. Really happy to see Brady Quinn do so well. Not that there was any doubt. His first pass was to Charles Ali. We met Charles at the Rookie Meet and Greet. He actually took the time to look at the book Jason wrote and illustrated. Glad to see he did well also.

No comments: