Friday, August 3, 2007

We were supposed to be on our way to Canada by now but that was not to be. The boys were disappointed because with us gone they were to spend time with their aunt, uncle, and cousins. We arranged for them to spend a few hours with them today instead. While they were away, David and I went to dinner, stopped at Lowes for a few things, and went to Fine Interiors to buy new mattresses for the boys (or as my friend would say, boy one and boy two.) The mattresses they have now are seven years old and terribly uncomfortable. The ones we bought are pillow topped. Very nice. There was a sale so we bought both sets (full size) for the same price we bought our queen sized pillow top not six months before. Now between the light blocking shades and the mattresses they will never want to wake up.

Earlier today I took Devin in for his sports physical. It was a bit of a wait. After completing the paper work, I went to pay. Devin came out because he was uncomfortable setting in the waiting room alone. We went back and sat down for 45 minutes before he was called. I got up to go with him but reconsidered. He is now 13. I thought it was time for me to let him go on his own. He appreciated it but missed having someone to talk to while waiting for the doctor. I hadn't thought of that. Doctor gave him a clean bill of health. Found that Devin is now officially taller than me.

When we got home, Jason was making tanks and armies out of playdoh. The tanks were quite good whereas the people were little balls, easier to smash I guess. Devin tried out Jason's new helicopter he got from grandpa. Works better inside than out. Outside the wind kept taking it. It is pretty cool.

Right now, we are eating left over ice cream cake from my birthday and watching Cinderella Man. Paul Giamatti. I just love saying that name.

No comments: