Sunday, August 5, 2007

Trip to Geneva

Saturday afternoon we took a trip to Geneva State Park Marina with some other boats. The lake was really rough. I wore my wrist bands and took my sea sickness med which mixed with my allergy med to make me very sleepy. I kept nodding off. In doing so, I head butted J 5 times; Not hard, but enough to notice. It took an hour to get there.

It's a nice place. Almost all t docks. Another boat, friends of the people we were with, came in a bit later and we had to raft off of them because it was bigger. Not fond of rafting off. Will not be doing that again. The marina was very quiet. Lots of common green space and beach. They only had one port-a-pot on our side but you could call the main building for a ride to their restrooms. The main building had a little shop and grill. The park has a beautiful lodge not far from the marina. As we walked past, there was a wedding party taking pictures in the gazebo. It was lovely. Not the brides maid dresses, but the bride and groom were anyway. The brides maid dresses were a hideous green. That bride knew what she was doing. lol. The maid of honor however had a pretty white sleeveless dress with green flowers. The trail ran along the shoreline above the rocks. There were enough benches to accommodate every visitor at the lodge. The bridge connecting the lodge to the marina was a covered in names of young lovers. The view from that point was the sun setting over the lake on one side and the moss covered river shaded by the trees on the other. I wish I had brought my camera. Before the sun set, we walked into town. There we played putt-putt. It was a 18 hole course. Somewhere at the middle we noticed that the sound we kept hearing wasn't background noise from the business but the croaking of a small frog hanging out on a rock. It was the strangest sound. Devin gets credit for finding him. After that, we bought tickets for the bumper boats and go carts. J was tall enough to go on the bumper boats by himself but not the go carts. I was worried I would just go in circles. I did every time someone hit me. In between spinning, I did manage to ram into all of my family. For some reason I am the only person who got wet. My shoes, shorts, shirt...no clothing was spared. There was a long line for the go carts which gave me plenty of time to dry off. The go carts were fun. Very very bumpy ride. We had just enough time afterward to play some games in the arcade. I was happy that the prizes for tickets were reasonable. There were lots of items in the 2-25 ticket range. The boys came away with candy, plastic bugs and animals, and the like. The lake chilled the air enough to make us comfortable sleeping on the boat. We left for home early this morning. The lake was calm. I didn't even have to where my wrist bands!

No comments: