Sunday, January 6, 2008

Poor Big Kitty

Big Kitty is getting old. She turns 16 this year and looks it. She has become quite thin and her gait is unsteady to say the least. David noticed that her walk is not only unsteady but loud. Odd. In checking her paws we found litter clumped heavily inbetween her toes. Like most cats, Kitty is not a fan of baths. It took two of us to get her clean. Our concern is her old joints. She just isn't able to care for herself like she used to. I am looking into joint care suppliments and NSAIDS for her arthritis and we will be keeping a close eye on her paws from now on.

This afternoon, the boys and I went bowling. Three games, a pitcher of Pepsi, and a tray of nachos made for a fun time. My high score was 136. That was the only game I broke 100. The finger holes on Dev's ball are too small now. We need to take it down to the Pro Shop to either have them enlarged or the inserts removed.

Shortly after returning home I found I had to leave again for the grocery store. While I was gone, David and the boys took down the Christmas tree. I put the rest of the decorations away when I got back and then started dinner. It was a Chi Chi's taco night. I used two packets for a 1.5 pack of ground round. I really miss the restaurant, but I'm grateful they still sell the seasoning online. I bought what I thought would last me a year. Looks more like a 6 month supply.

Football....Not surprised to see the Titans lose to the Chargers. What did surprise me was WV's win over Oklahoma. The National Title game is tomorrow. We are rooting for Ohio State because Devin was a good sport and rooted for ND at the ND vs. Duke game. As much as it pains me to say it, "Go Bucks!"

No comments: