Saturday, January 5, 2008

tissue box garbage can

I've been ill twice in the last month and a half. The first time was before Thanksgiving and I lost my voice for a week. The last time was due to a sinus infection that still lingers after two weeks. This is despite my frequent hand washing. I have gone through 7 boxes of tissue and 2 rolls of toilet paper (when I was too sick to go to the store for tissue). I have learned something in the process. Empty tissue boxes work well as make-shift garbage cans so you don't have to move the regular can next to you at all times. The anti-viral Kleenex boxes are the best because they have that plastic that only leaves a small hole at the top keeping the contaminated tissues contained.

There is a downside to the anti-viral tissues however. They can be too absorbent leaving your nose red, dry, and sore with constant use. I had to switch off to Puffs for a while. The regular kind not those with lotion because they make my sensitive face break out. Although, they have a new one out with lotion and Vicks that I would be willing to give a go. I love Vicks.

I am feeling good today. I have been taking extra vitamin C all week and have watched my dairy intake. Dairy weakens the immune system and vitamin C bolsters it.

David is sick now. He refuses to take the vitamin C. We'll see how he does.

No comments: