Sunday, December 30, 2007

Brady Quinn Plays!!!!

Brady Quinn played today. I was shocked. Pleased, but shocked. I never thought Romeo would put him in given that he has been pissy ever since the hold out; Romeo that is, not Quinn. Brady was poised, confident, and reasonablely accurate. I do not understand why they pulled him because Anderson was not doing well at all, the game was not on the line, and Quinn was, as I stated above, effective. I believe Quinn will win the starting quarterback next season. If he is not, it will not be because he was not the best man for the job, it will be because Romeo is not the best man for the job.

On a lighter note, it was good to see Browns fullback Charles Ali do well today. He has been a favorite of mine since the HOF Meet and Greet where he took the time to talk to my kids. He even read Jason's football book he made for Quinn. How could I not root for a guy like that?

Arnes Battle (WR 49ers) looked good as well. He is a former ND player who I believe was a senior when Quinn was a freshman. It was nice to see him talking to Quinn after the game. It is what one would expect from former Notre Dame teammates.

--------------

Now we wait to see if the Colts can win. I like Peyton Manning. From what I heard he will only be playing for a short time in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs.
I had to laugh while we were watching the Patriot vs. Giants game because there were several Manning commercials and not one of Tom Brady. Tom is an amazing quarterback and yet he not beloved like Manning. Why is that? I can only guess it is a result of poor image. Who wants their kid looking up to a guy who knocks up supermodels? Ok, some might. Well, quite a few might. I take that back. Who wants a guy who does not have that boy next door charm to sell them on credit card debt and child sized footballs? I admit to being fond of Peyton. There is something darn likable about him that I just can't put my finger on. Tom does nothing for me. Go figure.

No comments: