Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Nerf War: A new family tradition

The day began with stockings. No surprises except this year's potato in the toe of the stocking was sporting a smiley face. Gifts were opened in record time. Soon the family came and went. The girls loved their Steelers number 7 jerseys and funky animal socks. The boys loved everything. The biggest hit though was the Nerf cross bow my brother-in-law got for J. I think Keith was more excited than anyone to give it a go. Before we knew it, every male in the house was dodging and shooting nerf darts from it or the Nerf Maverick Rev-6s I bought the boys this year (with a 30 pack of velcro darts). My mother-in-law's husband, who could not actively participate because of his leg, smiled as he collected darts in his pocket as the guys scrambled for ammo. Us girls tried to stay behind enemy lines but were defenseless when they decided we were the easiest target. The madness continued for at least a half hour. Oh how I wish I had a video camera. Good times.

By early evening everyone was gone. I finished cleaning up and tried out some of the new toys as David played the ps2 with the boys. I also watched Charlie Brown's Christmas (I have it on DVD). It is one of my favorites.

No comments: