Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mother Nature gives David the day off

Mother Nature decided David should have a day of rest. We lounged around this morning. He napped as I organized my Christmas cards. I wrote out the majority of them last month. I only had a few left and to buy stamps before they could go out. While David was sleeping I ran to the post office for stamps. There was a nice elderly woman in line in front of me who I struck up a conversation with to pass the time. The young man in front of her was on his cell phone. His non-verbal communication suggested we were disturbing his oh-so-important phone call. [insert sarcastic expression and eye roll here]. His behavior did not sway me. I continued talking about the weather with a smile. After the chit-chat I noticed the new Christmas stamps on the wall. They were not what I was hoping for, so instead I bought four sheets of Yoda stamps. I hope next year they have Chewbaca. Even better would be furry Chewbaca stamps. If only they would. Anyway, all of my Christmas cards are finally out.

When I returned, David and I headed out to lunch and then to the mall in search of a jewelry box. We tried Macy's first only to find that they did not receive a single one this season. The clerk said they usually do because it is a hot item. Penneys had several, tall and small. It was difficult to chose one. Lucky for David, who has no patience for shopping at all, I am a super speedy shopper. I picked out my favorite in less than 15 minutes. That time includes being misdirected by the sales clerk at the perfume counter.

Once we were home and settled in I remembered Dev had a concert tonight and his dress clothes were dirty from the field trip on Tuesday. The shirt ended up fitting him just fine and so did not need my super shrinking powers after all. He looked so cute all dressed up. I cannot believe how big he is. We left for the concert at 1800. The holiday concert included the 7/8 grade choir and band. David's mom could not attend because of work, but my mom and step dad were able to be there which made Devin happy. His godparents were there too. Devin had two solos. He did very well on the first and had some difficulty on the second. Afterward, he admitted that he should have practiced more. I trust he will next time. The concert only took 45 minutes. According to my son, I was the ONLY parent moving to the music. I told him to get used to a life time of me embarrassing him. On the way home
boh boys agreed I am strange. I'm okay with that.

The house is quiet with the exception of David's snoring. Everyone is asleep. My arm was asleep too before I freed it from David's grasp. I am to wired from the Pepsi to follow suit.

No comments: