Monday, December 24, 2007

50 to 30 in less than 2 hours

Busy day. David has been eagar to see I am Legend since he saw the first trailer. Devin is finally old enough to see movies like that with him which makes me a happy girl. This is where David would not so subtlely remind me that I no longer a girl. I am a middle aged woman. Sigh.....Anyway, I took Jason and a friend to see Alvin and the Chipmonks. Both movies started and ended at about the same time so it worked out perfectly with us driving only the van. The movie was really enjoyable. I have loved the Chipmonks since I was a little girl, and as I stated before, that was a long time ago. The boys thoroughly enjoyed the movie as well. Jason Lee fits the character Dave perfectly. The animation is well done as expected. I give it two thumbs up (or Chipmonk tails in this case. hehe)David and Devin liked I am Legend. It wasn't quite what they were expecting. I think David was anticipating vampires when in fact the infected humans had something like rabes instead. I will not give any more info than that because I do not want to spoil the movie for anyone.

Leaving the movie we about froze. The temperature went from 50 to 30 in two hours. We headed home for a little bit to kill time before our niece's birthday party. That was just enough time to see the Browns lose. David and Jason seem to feel Anderson deserves some credit for getting the Browns this far. I have to admit that he is better than Frye. I also agree with him that it is better to have Brady sit out the first year and learn; even though it is killing me to know how much better we could be with him in. The biggest problem with Anderson is inconsistency and inaccuracy. These are two issues a first string quarterback should have resolved early on. Oh well. We watched all the way to the bitter end. You cannot expect to move into the playoffs giving up four interceptions. I know there is still a chance, but I do not think we should be in the playoffs at the level we are playing.

Danni's party was fun. We played Rummy and Go Fish. Dev and Miranda played Slap Jack. The pizza and ice cream cake left us bloated and tired. It was a matter of hours before we had the energy to get our coats and head home.

No comments: