Saturday, December 15, 2007

I am everywhere

David took the little van to get an oil change this morning well before any of us were awake. While it was on the lift, he noticed something hanging down. It was my hair. My thyroid condition is to blame. My lovely tresses are sprinkled all over the house, on clothing, in the car, and apparently under the car as well.

First thing this morning, I decided to color my hair, just as I had earlier this week. Tuesday I tried this new touch-up hair color by Revlon that uses a sponge applicator and was supposed to match a number of popular brands. I openned the box to find the color had leaked outside the tube. A good sign that this product was not going to work and yet I still tried it out. As I suspected, it was compromised. My hair remained dark rooted. So yesterday while I was at Marcs to buy starter logs for the fireplace, I bought my Garnier in Intense Auburn. This is my all-time favorite color. It never fails to deliver the most beautiful color I have ever seen. When I finished, I sent Dev down the street with a sample for my friend Laurie who is considering color her hair the same color. The little bit I had left will give her enough for a stand test.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning the bedroom closets of both boys. Jason was done quickly whereas Dev just finish a half hour ago. In his defense, he has two large closets filled with household items as well as his things.

Late afternoon, David and I headed out to Lowes to get a tool set for the fireplace, bucket for the ashes, and new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We made it home just as the snow began to fall. The fire is going strong. It took a long time for David to get it going yesterday. We had bought green wood, only 3 months old. He picked up some seasoned wood from Home Depot while out this morning, which made a huge difference. Neither of us are good at starting fires let alone keeping them going, so the fact that it is still going is huge. I love the smell and constant warmth. I don't think we will need to turn on the heat all winter.

I've got to go beat J in air hockey now. The basement is cold.

No comments: