Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I was cleaning yesterday before school when I saw a scratch on my end table. A nice deep scratch. I looked around to see what I had on there that could have done it. I have way too much on that darn thing. When I finally removed my pens, hi-liter, tissues, papers, cashews, clock, glasses, remote, and such, I found a gray claw. One of my cats must have tried to jump up on the table just as the nail was givingway. I belief so because there was no blood. Clarabelle spent the rest of day vomiting in every downstairs room. I love my cats.

After cleaning, I headed off to school for my final in Community Nursing. For two days had been repeating to myself, "You are intelligent. You are prepared. You will pass this test." I did just that. I used to think self talk was silly, but I can tell you there are moments when no one else in the world can make you believe those words more than yourself. I met with my instructor for med surg next semester. She wrote a book on Peace Management. I like the idea of calling it peace management rather than stress management. I have a low stress threshold which is responsible for me missing med surg at the beginning of the semester. I have yet to learn when I am in over my head or to ask for help before I sink into a pool apathy that leads to depression. After all, depression is anger turned inward. Well, at least that is what Tony Soprano's shrink says. I had the opportunity to be team leader at one of our community sites this five weeks and it has taught me to deligate. The key is not feeling inadequent because you need help. In the clinical setting this is sometimes easier than at home. Tomorrow clinicals in Cleveland. I get to do a puppet show with my group. I had to write it myself. It's nothing complicated, just a review of the book a member my group will read to them. Jason helped me rehearse last night. He was so cute behind the chair with his alligator puppet and cartoon voice. Tomorrow I hope to do half as well.

No comments: