Friday, May 11, 2007

How stupid are you?

I sprained my ankle yesterday going down to the basement. I have a bad habit of hopping down stairs instead of walking carefully. I have been trying to stay off of it. I sprained the same foot 7 years ago except it was much worse. Well, it might not have been so bad had I not gone to my kickboxing class the night I hurt it. I remember going to the doctor and he literally asked me,"How stupid are you?". Well...apparently as dumb as a door knob. Mom's don't get down time. We are so used to doing everything regardless of how we are feeling that we generally don't take time for ourselves unless it is absolutely necessary. I couldn't walk after the kick boxing class and so I had to go to the doctor; who told me to stay off of it. Not a realistic order.

So I tried to learn from my mistake, but while we were waiting for Devin to finish tennis practice I got bored. I played tennis off the backboard at first and then with J on the big court. I did not run after the ball though. I just let it bounce if I couldn't reach it with a few feet. Still it probably wasn't a good idea.

Yes, I know..."How stupid are you?"

No comments: