Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back to practice

Jason had his fifteen minutes of fame yesterday. Everyone was surprised to see him up and around. He woke up for school without any pain or outward sign of injury. We are so grateful. He was very hyper. He couldn't wait to get to practice. The ER doc said he could go back as long as he wasn't in pain and so we went. Jason insisted we leave early. We even beat the coaches to the field. Lots to talk about. Jason tackled as hard as ever. We were not sure if he would be afraid of getting hurt. I am glad to carry the burden of fear and apprehension. That comes with the territory.

All of the parents and coaches were so supportive and wonderful. I found out that one of his football coaches from last season called in to see how he was doing. Devin's middle school football coach somehow knew about it and asked also.

Coach Vinny (Devin's midget league coach) came over to talk to me while J was practicing to get the details. He was unhappy with how the injury was handled on the field and said he was going to say something at the next meeting. The ambulance was not called right away and the field was not cleared. He also insisted, god forbid there is a next time, that I go on the field. I think David will be okay with it as long as I keep my composure.

I forgot to mention in the last blog that while we were at the hospital, his team won! Their first win of the season. In the post game hundle they dedicated the game to Spaz. Very cool.



Go Wolverines!!!!

No comments: