Friday, September 21, 2007

It's a small world after all....

Today Jason went over a the house of a new friend from his class. When I dropped him off, I talked to the parents for a while and found out the husband works with a guy I went to school with and the wife grew up with several people I went to school with as well as her sister dated a guy David graduated with. It was a nice chat. When I came to pick Jason up, I decided to let him play a bit longer and in doing so began what would be a two hour conversation that would end with us finding another connection. My sister has been her sister's babysitter for quite some time. Years as a matter of fact. The conversation progressed from her mother's surgery to stress caused by the daughter and granddaughter being diagnosed with cancer the same day that year. Ding!Ding! My sister Laura told me about the family she babysits for with both the mother and child having cancer. I knew this could not be a coincidence. She told me how wonderful my sister is and how much her sister adores her.

Both of my sisters are participating in The Light the Night walk at the end of this month to raise money for cancer research in honor of the family.

I couldn't be more proud.

No comments: