Friday, September 14, 2007

Su Doku for Dummies

Some time ago, Bill introduced Devin to Su Doku. For those of you who don't know, Bill is my step-dad. Well, he was for a long time before he and my mother divorced a few years back. Anyway, his level of intelligence surpasses my own and I suspect Devin's does as well. Eventhough they do not share the same genes they are very much alike. Devin's love for Ohio State, comic books, baseball cards, monster movies (especially Godzilla), black and white television shows (The Munsters and Andy Griffith), chess, model cars, and now Su Doku comes from him.

The name Su Doku sounds more like a character in a Star Wars movie than the numbers game that is making me crazy. Devin has tried to explain it to me and I bought the book Su Doku for Dummies to supplement his teaching. I am used to word searches. I am a master word searcher. This numbers game takes much more brain power than I am used to exerting in a recreational activity. I have been looking for something to challenge my brain and thus improve it's function. Too soon to say if it is working.

No comments: