Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"girl" chores

Last night, my husband took issue with the chores our son is doing. He feels his chores are "girl" chores. I wasn't aware there was a distinction. There are things that need to be done and everyone in the family pitches in. That was my understanding of how it works. He defined "boy" chores as cleaning the garage, cutting grass, shoveling snow, taking out trash, and assorted yard work. The only acceptable indoor "girl" chores apparrently are cleaning your room and putting away your clothes. I am supposed to know exactly what is to be done outside as well as inside, and assign his chores accordingly. I have no concept of what is to be done outside or how often it is to be done, which makes it difficult for me to do what I must.

What it really boils down to is that the outdoor chores help him and the indoor chores help me. And he has not gotten the help he needs without asking.

No comments: