Thursday, September 20, 2007

Who knew?

Until this past weekend I though they only performed Civil War reenactments in PA. Devin was invited to go Saturday to a WWII reenactment there. Pretty cool. He brought home a real helmet as a souvenir. While he was away we had the misfortune of watching Notre Dame get pounded by Michigan. Ironically, Jason's Wolverines played the midget league Irish the following day. Sad to say the Irish were a day late in victory. Jason was not upset though. He was made team captian for the coin toss. He started the game as a linemen, but was quickly moved to safety after the other team scored. His name was called so many times by the announcer for his tackles there is no question in anyone's mind who number 41 is. This is good because he wasn't happy playing safety last game. I think now that he has the hang of it he will be fine. Devin was put in the last quarter of the middle school game. They beat Hawken I think 38-0. Three more games to go. I hope they will let him play more next game. He tries so hard and never misses a practice.

Yesterday, David and I took a ride with our old dock neighbors on the their boat to HTP for lunch. There I had the best BLT I have ever had. We ate outside on the deck. The view of the lake was beautiful. The only problem with being out there was the bees, too many to count and very aggressive, and the noise from the rack storage.

Today I am working on my study guides for mental health nursing. That rotation begins October 1.

No comments: