Saturday, March 24, 2007

Home improvement ramblings

The kitchen is almost done. We painted yesterday a lovely medium rustic brown. I'm a big fan of Sherwin Williams paint. It only took 1/2 a gallon of one coat paint for the entire kitchen. I don't know what we're going to do with the gallon and a half we have left. Maybe use it the basement when we finally get to it. Anyway, we've tried using paint from Home Depot and Lowes with disasterous results, both color and performance. We've used Sherwin William best for all of the bedrooms and now the kitchen. The boys rooms were the most fun to do because one is Ohio State colors and the other is Notre Dame. They had the Ohio State Scarlet and Gray on file, but not Notre Dame. So I had to special order the 24 k paint. That is the only paint I wasn't thrilled with. It is very thin and we already have to repaint it six months later. But it looks really cool.

Back to the kitchen....I am looking for curtains. There is only one large low window in the kitchen, so I'm thinking long curtains. Not sure if a shade would be good too. Need something light filtering, not sheer because it is parallel to the neighbors kitchen. I've looked online and locally and can't find anything I like. I guess I'll know it when I see it.

I've bored you enough for now...

No comments: