Saturday, March 24, 2007

March 9th- March 18th

The Office 2007-2008

I was thinking about the next season of The Office. This is what I would like to see happen:
Jan and Michael will be expecting a little bundle of Dundermiff. Michael will take Jan to Hooters to celebrate. Dwight will secretly become engaged to Angela. She will get her own bobble head from Dwight in place of an engagement ring. Kevin will take a leave of absence so he can go with Scantonocity to open in Sting's world tour. Creed will try to steal Kelly away from Ryan. Ryan unwittingly underminds him at every turn, eventhough he is rapidly losing his sanity as well as his hair as a result of being seated within 2 feet of her. Roy will try to kill Jim, but fails due to his enlistment of Andy, who is a mirror of Michael, to create the master plan. Andy believes that with Jim gone he will be Michael's right hand man. Andy lures Big Tuna to Hooters where Roy is waiting. Roy comes after Jim stating he knows about him and Pam. This happens to be at the same time that Michael and Jan are there and Michael inadvertantly hits Roy with his car as he is leaving the parking lot. Roy finds himself in a full body cast. Toby dates a Super Model. Jim and Pam reconnect after he gets is old desk back. Jim dumps Karen. Karen decides to move back home. Pam paints a portrait of Jim and leaves it on his desk in green jello. They continue to torment Andy and Dwight. Oscar's boyfriend fills in for Kevin. Stanley gets a new stapler. Phyllis and Bob Vance buy a house. Meredith decides to switch to flavored vodka.
Jim and Pam finally kiss again, only this time they finally admit they love each other and become a couple.
I don't think that is too much to ask.



Saturday, March 17, 2007

Jabba Wookiee

I remembered a character from Star Wars that no one else did. They all looked at me like I was crazy when I said I remembered a character that was a Jabba Wookiee. So, determined to prove I'm not insane (at least not today), I got on the internet to search. Found that Jabba Wookiee was created by Monte Michaelis. He wrote an extended version of the poem Jabbawocky by Lewis Carroll about a Wookiee who was on the lam from Jabba the Hut. And that is how Chewbacca came to be. So, HA! I was right. I like being right. All I can hear right now is the Rocky theme. Please excuse me, I have to go raise my heavy weight "I'm Right" belt over my head and do a victory lap around the house.

http://www.starwars.com/


Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ho

First of all if you're not thinking of the Hostess treat get your mind out of the gutter. I am a fan of HoHos. Don't love them as much as rice krispie treats, but they are up there on my list. The only thing I don't like about them now is that they don't come in foil. The foil gave 'em that perfect blend of chocolate and metal flavor that makes a girl giggle with delight with every bite.
Misc. facts about the Hostess HoHo:

Ho Hos ® - Another San Francisco Treat
Apparently, rice isn't the only San Francisco treat. The history of Hostess Ho Hos dates back to 1967, when a San Francisco bakery began hand-producing the Swiss-filled chocolate cakes elegantly enrobed in delectable confectionary coating.
Over the years, the tubular snack has enjoyed its share of laughs. In connection with the 1999 introduction of Nutty Ho Hos, which added chopped peanuts to the original roll, a search was launched for the country's nuttiest celebrity laugh - or ho ho. (We know what you're thinking, but not everyone laughs with a ha ha. Just ask Santa.) When the votes were tallied, Americans decided that comedian Eddie Murphy's laugh took the proverbial cake, followed by the kooky cackles of Phyllis Diller, Roseanne Barr and Pee Wee Herman.


Cat as a Hat
As soon as we rearranged the living room I knew it was going to happen. You see, we moved the couch down to accommodate the recliner; so the break in the curtains is positioned behind where I sit. We have cats. The cats like to look out the window. You get the picture. More often than not, as I sit typing, I wear her tail as a furry scarf, a fluffy mustashe, or her hind quarters as big furry earmuff. Oh... if I happen to slide down a bit on the couch, I get a cat hat. She literally sits her skinny furry butt on my head. I guess I should be grateful that it is Clara and not Big Kitty. It gets really exciting when she sees the neighbor's cats. I get whipped in the face like her tail has a black belt in karate. So if I am ever talking to you here and I suddenly drop off, you know I've been knocked unconscious.
Good times.


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You're such a girl

All the kids in the neighborhood were over today playing basketball. I have to be the most annoying mom on the planet because when they were playing I had to make sure that everyone had a turn to shoot the ball. These kids range in age from 7-13 and are all boys. My husband just looked at me like I was crazy. "They're boys. Let 'em fend for themselves," he said. I am such a girl. I am always trying to be fair and trying to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt. I should just sit back and watch them. When they get hurt yell out the Manningism, "Rub some dirt on it." and "Only girls need band-aids and neosporin!"
Sigh....I am surrounded by testosterone.



Monday, March 12, 2007

My niece and her cell phone

I had to laugh this weekend when I heard that my niece hasn't used her cell phone in 9 months because the charger went bad. My brother-in-law told her if she wants a new one she has to buy it with her own money. Which explains the 9 months. Kids are funny that way. They don't mind spending our money on silly things, but when they have to pay for it they suddenly decide those things aren't worth the money. I'm sure I was the same way. My son has several friends with cell phones and hints all of the time about getting one. Our rule is that he can't have one until he is an adult. I love the argument that well what if there is an emergency or I need to call if I am going to be late. We smile and say, "Well all your friends have cell phones so you can borrow one from them." It is hard for me to sypathize because we didn't have cell phones growing up and yet somehow we managed to survive.


Star Wars: name that geek

We are watching Return of the Jedi yet again. Many questions come to mind. Such as, when Darth Vadar is watching Darth Sideus electricute Luke is he thinking if only I had let Mace Windu kill the evil sith my life could've been so different. Does he see the irony and the betrayal clearly in that moment? Is that what brings him back from the dark side to save his son? And does anyone else find it distubing that Luke and Leia kissed in episode 4 and then Leia mysteriously "knows" Luke is not dead in episode 6 because she and her brother have a special connection. Wouldn't that connection have kept them from kissing in the first place? Inquiring minds want to know.
Geeks like me generally have a nickname. Green Bay fans are Cheese Heads. The Office fans are known as Dunderheads. Star Trek fans are divided into two groups: Trekkies and Trekkers. I haven't been able to find anything on Star Wars fanatics as far as names go. I know there are millions of us out there because how else would Star Wars generate nearly $20 billion dollars since it's premier. Someone name us please (something other than Loser).

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.233.167.104/banners/interstitial.html?http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/seance/134/lists/list15.html as retrieved on Feb 23, 2007

The Lite Hearted Trekker vs Trekkie List.A Trekker wears a starfleet uniform to a convention because it's fun.
A Trekkie wears a starfleet uniform to a convention because s/he has
heard that it is in style at the academy.
A Trekker has a Starfleet Academy window sticker on his car.
A Trekkie is cramming for the entrance exams.
A Trekker meets Marina Sirtis/Gates McFadden at a convention, tells
her how pretty he thinks she is, that it is too bad she is
married or he would ask her out.
A Trekkie meets Deanna Troi/Dr. Crusher at a convention, tells her how
pretty he thinks she is, and asks her if she is still seeing Riker
(Picard, some alien patient, et al).
A Trekker loves watching the show, nitpicking and discussing it with
friends.
A Trekkie loves watching those documentaries filmed aboard the
Enterprise.
A Trekker thinks Wil Wheaton was a lucky kid who got to play a kid on
Star Trek.
A Trekkie thinks that Wesley Crusher was a lucky kid who got to sit on
the bridge.
A Trekker thinks that it is a shame that the show is coming to an end.
A Trekkie thinks that it is a shame that the crew is being reassigned
and the Enterprise is being decomissioned.
A Trekker knows that there are gaping holes in the technology, but
ignores them and enjoys the show.
A Trekkie can't wait for the price to come down on those home food
replicator units.
A Trekker buys pips for the rank s/he wants to be.
A Trekkie wonders why he is constantly passed over for promotion.
A Trekker tells his/her new girl/boyfriend that s/he really likes Star Trek.
A Trekkie's new girl/boyfriend is an underclassman at the academy.
A Trekker wonders what sex in zero g would be like.
A Trekkie wonders what sex would be like.


Friday, March 09, 2007

Chi Chis

When I was in high school someone I used to know took me to ChiChis for the first time. For those of you who don't know, it was a mexican restaurant that went out of business a few years back because a food poisoning I believe (Green Onions?). All I know is that people died and because the company was already in trouble they folded when they lost the law suits. And so my favorite restaurant was gone forever. For awhile one of the local grocery chains carried the seasoning mix for the tacos which helped ease my pain and cravings, but now they have gone under too. So off to the internet I went. I found I can buy the seasoning in bulk. Whoohoo! One site is Hormel and I think the other is econofoods.

I just thought I would share the info in case anyone else was suffering ChiChi withdrawls like me.

No comments: