Saturday, March 24, 2007

More january blogs

Friday, January 26, 2007

Short people Current mood: surprised

Yesterday someone asked me how old I was. I begrudgingly told them. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she thought I was over ten years younger. I have to wonder why this is. I have had people guess my age in the early twenties once or twice before, but cannot figure out why. I know I don't look like I did in my younger years. When I am around girls that age I immediately notice the difference. It must be my height. I am only about 5' 1/2" tall. I think that throws people off. And to think I used to wish I was taller. Any taller and they might think I'm 50.


Scrubs and The Office Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

I am a huge fan. I have been a fan since it started, even before I started nursing. It makes a lot more sense now that I have some experience though. The writers have the ablility to make me laugh, cry, think, relate...I envy them for getting to do what they love and for their talent. The banter and quick wit is what I look for in a show. Lucky for me, it's now on several times a day.
Another show I like is The Office. I admit I wasn't sure about it at first. It took a while for Steve Carrell to grow on me. He suprised me with his performance in The Forty Year Old Virgin and Little Miss Sunshine (two movies I highly recommend). While I like the entire cast, my favorite characters are Jim, Pam, and Dwight. Jim and Pam playing pranks on Dwight. The jello gag I cannot get enough of. I am seconds away from buying a Dwight bobble head. It tickles me so. Anyway, I have missed the last few episodes because of school. Lucky for me they play reruns so often now a days I am sure to be caught up in no time.
Have a great day everyone. :)


Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pepsi

I knew better than to drink Pepsi at 11:00 at night, but I am a silly woman, and drank it anyway. I am not a writer. No big surprise to anyone who has read my blog. Actually, it is surprising how many do. I am boring. Combine my lack of writing ability with that and it's a darn miracle. Not quite the face of the Virgin Mary housed in a slice of dill pickle, but close. Anyway, I can't sleep. And, now I can't sleep and I'm hungry. No good can come from this.



Spoon Millionaires Category: Writing and Poetry

Okay, I don't know much about the play. What I do know is that it's brilliant. I can say that sight unseen. I met one of the writers years ago in college (ONU) and can say his writing was clever, engaging, and funny. The kind of funny that sticks in your head to make you laugh years later. Which is kind of embarrassing, especially when you are at a funeral. But that is a different story. (Just testing my blogging voice).
Break a leg J & K or whatever it is that you wish writers.
www.spoonmillionaires.com



Be Cool Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

I am watching this movie for the 15th time I think. It gets me every time. It's a sickness. I am incapable of watching two star movies only once. John Travolta is unbelievably cool. Not Vinnie Barbarino cool or even Danny Zuko cool, manly man cool. I would never have thought he would evolve into this guy. Granted, Be Cool is a two star movie and not his best work, but I really enjoy his part in it. I am also partial to the Rock, but that is another post.
I admit I've been a fan since Welcome Back Kotter. I am very fond of the characters I remember from childhood: Rerun, The Banana Splits, Kermit the Frog, Fonzie. Lots to write about.
I now have the Banana Splits theme song stuck in may head. Maybe memories aren't such a good thing after all.





Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's a Girl!

In class today we discussed antepartum (pregnancy) and L&D. In honor of that we were given pregnant bellies in the form of balloons. I gave birth at 4:15. It would have been sooner but Jason had to finish his homework before I would let him pop it. The balloon contained a pink sucker that said It's a girl. I have named my imaginary daughter Kate. She is a lovely girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sigh...this rotation makes me forget I am done having children.

Check out this video: Keith Urban OIAL
Keith Urban OIAL

Monday, January 22, 2007

Burnt cookies taste better upside down

I don't usually burn cookies. Well, not the second batch anyway. This time I burnt both (just on the bottom). When I heard the whines of discontent I wasn't phased. I simply told them to eat them anyway. And so they did. They found that eating them upside down helps and dunking in milk works even better. I ate my share too. Not bad. I like to rationalize by thinking I am doing my future daughter-in-laws a favor by lower my boys expectations, when in fact I am probably ruining their taste buds.


Sunday, January 21, 2007

History of the bouncy ball as promised

History I. In the 1960s, a chemical engineer accidentally created a plastic product that bounced uncontrollably. Thus the Superball was born, followed by the Super Gold Ball, Super Baseball, and Super Dice. "In one celebrated incident, a giant, promotional Superball was accidentally dropped from of a 23rd floor hotel window in Australia. It shot back up 15 floors, then down again into a parked convertible car. The car was totaled but the ball survived in perfect condition." (Source: www.wham-o.com)
Other fun facts are: the bouncy ball can be lethal and can cause serious head injury (least of all a concussion). Because many times the balls are in vending machines next to gumball machines people have mistaken the balls for gum and choked. So now most balls are made bigger to try to prevent confusion. (Wikipedia)
Have a great day everyone and don't forget keep your heads up and eyes open. You never know when a bouncy ball is headed your way.


Saturday, January 20, 2007

Snap, Crackle, POP!
We went out to eat at a buffet tonight. They have rice krispie treats as one of the desserts which makes me do a little snap, crackle, pop happy dance. The only thing I don't like is they put these little candy pellets in them that I have to pick out. I like mine the old fashioned way. I know, I am boring. I can't blame the restaurant, they are expecting the kids to eat them not a middle aged woman.
After eating a few my mind began to wander as it often does after eating that much sugar. I started to wonder how did my beloved treat come to exist. Was it an ancient secret recipe that someone stole to make his millions or was it a Wonka kind of happy accident? So, like I always do when I don't know the answer, I got on the computer and googled it.
The History of the Rice Krispie Treat is not flashy, but it is sweet. Mildred May, who worked for the Kellogg Company, invented the treat in order to help the Camp Fire Girls earn money. This was back in the '30s. Some other fun facts are: balsomic vinegar is said to enhance the flavor and the preservative butylated hydroxytoluene used in the cereal causes gastritis. (Wikipedia rocks)
That is all for today. Tomorrow we will discuss the history of the bouncy ball. I have always wondered about that one.
No more no more sugar for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dismiss me from it.

Anonymous said...

Very informative text. I’ve found your site via Yahoo and I’m really glad about the information you provide in your posts. Btw your blogs layout is really broken on the Kmelon browser. Would be really great if you could fix that. Anyhow keep up the good work! Erica - car insurance california