Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Bad News Bears

A friend of mine suggested that the New Bad News Bears was remade to fit the times and in doing so managed to keep the movie's orginal charm. I was not open to seeing the remake. Today, David put it on so I watched it. I admit I was wrong for not thinking it could be good.

I liked it. The changes were appropriate. The characters remained the same. Except for Kelly. I thought this Kelly was a much better choice. Granted, the original Kelly (Jackie Earle Haley) was scuzzier. Yes, it is a word. This Kelly, played by Jeffrey Davies, was a skateboarder and kinda pretty. Still had attitude, but not in a greaser kind of way.

I like that they didn't change the ending. I know you are surprised to hear me say that, but it is a great ending.

No comments: