Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tennis anyone?

Today we went out to Target just to get out of the house. We ended up buying David a tennis racket and tennis balls. It seems I am always buying balls. I am not quite sure what the boys do with them. I imagine they are stuck in the neighbors' gutters, trees, and bushes. This time along with the regular yellow balls I purchase the pink ones to support cancer research. Here I killed two birds with one stone. I support cancer research when I can, but this time it benefited me because the boys would never take a pink ball to play with. Upon returning home it looked like rain so we decided to use the garage door as a backboard instead of going up to the park. It was so much fun we continued to play during the down pour. Fifteen minutes after getting drenched we headed indoors until the rain subsided. After we all got warm, dry, and comfortable David got antsy and made us all go to the park to play again. Honestly I didn't want to go, but I'm glad I did. It had to be funny to watch as we are not very good.

One lesson I have tried to teach my boys is that you don't have to be good at something to enjoy it. I am proud of them for learning this lesson well. Some of my favorite moments are when we are laughing at ourselves and each other.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

jodifur said...

Thanks for stopping by Jodifur. I don't care how you got there. And please come back!