Sunday, April 22, 2007

I love football

Growing up I liked football, but I didn't love it. I rooted for the Browns back then; the good old days when we had a shot every year. I didn't come to love it until college. A friend of mine taught me to throw a spiral. From that moment I was hooked. I remember playing with the guys Dec. 9, 1990 in the mud. They were good sports. No one hit the girl, but they let me tackle. Swank was my only victory. Take 'em down at the knees. It is your best bet.

I taught both my boys how to throw when they were old enough to hold the ball. David admits I throw a better spiral than he does. Both boys play football. Devin will be playing for the school next year. Jason is still in midget league. I will have to take some video and post it on Youtube. I have already saved a bunch of Notre Dame videos and one Ohio State. Devin requested the latter.

I am excited because the NFL draft is next weekend. I have the March of Dimes walk on Sunday, but thankfully that is a day after Brady Quinn's round.

Today the boys had their friends over to play ball with us. I tried to teach them too. By the end of the summer they should have it down. Football is as essential to life as the air we breathe. That is how I feel today.

2 comments:

Eric Durbin, RPh said...

I remember that hit on Jeremy. No way I could have remembered the date but I do remember the game.

monkeyhugs said...

I remember the date because it was my mother's birthday.