Saturday, April 7, 2007

Twister Monkey Cookie Jar

Last year at this time we were at my niece's birthday party playing volleyball and assorted outdoor games. This year...snow. White out condition snow. We still had fun. We played Twister; which thankfully cake time interrupted just as my right shin was about to splint. Who invented that crazy game anyway? We watched old home movies and part of Happy Feet. Miranda received lots of wonderful things, but her favorite I believe was the hula skirt and lei from her sister.

Before the party I convinced the boys to go to Target with me. I needed some odds and ends for Easter and they had money from their grandmother for Easter burning holes in their pockets. I had already picked out the newest Weird Al cd for Dev, so I needed J to pick out something of equal value and then for them both to pick a main gift. I invested in some of that new paper grass so the cats won't vomit the plastic grass in every room of the house. Oh...my precious precious monkey scrub sponge. I am proof there is a buyer for everything. I know in my previous post I scoffed at the chimp head and Lost action figures, but it was so cute. Target has a summer product line out called Tiki. Items in the line include cookie jars, mats, kitchen wear, etc...It took everything in my power not to buy the monkey cookie jar. I had a Pooh cookie jar that I was constantly forgetting had cookies in it. A cookie is a terrible thing to waste. Devin used to steal cookies from the cookie jar.

Who me?
Yeah you.
Couldn't be.
Then who?
Jason stole a cookie from the cookie jar.

Anyway, it would be a waste of money. So instead I allowed myself to buy the 99 cent monkey head scrub sponge. I cannot guarentee that if the Tiki line is still there a month from now that I will be able to resist. But for now, he will remain in the Target jungle patiently waiting to come home.

No comments: