Monday, April 16, 2007

Second Serve

Devin had tennis practice today. It was very cold and windy. Most of the practices have been cancelled due to bad weather so they really needed to brave the cold rather than cancel again. At first only 4 people showed up. Then a few more. Since they were practicing doubles and didn't have an even number, I offered to play. I really don't know anything about tennis other than you have to hit the ball over the net. The coach told me how to serve and where to stand as well as calling the score. I don't know how much I will remember tomorrow. What I will remember is that my partner looked very much like my sister Casey, pretty girl. Unfortunately we lost both sets. In our defense, the wind kept taking the ball when she served. We had them beat twice but then lost on the final serve both times. I know. I was playing children.

Anyway, Devin's match for tomorrow was cancelled. He will be playing doubles at the match on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather holds up and that he has a good day.

I hope that no matter what the outcome he has fun.

So far, he's having a great time.

No comments: