Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rant about Mean Girls vs. Legend of Bagger Vance

I was flipping through the channels like I always do when I saw Mean Girls. I wondered what the cable guide star rating was so I hit the info key which was a mistake. They gave it a 3 star rating, which is ridiculous. It is a silly teen movie. While I have nothing against the genre, I do not see how any of them are worthy of 3 stars. The Legend of Bagger Vance is one of my favorite movies and it only receives 2. The writing is far superior, not to mention the actors performances. Matt Damon and Charlize Theron are sizzling. The chemistry between the characters coupled with the dialog is a treat to watch. I have seen Mean Girls and can say it is nothing special. Funny at times, but the writing is simple formula writing. There isn't one point in the movie that is laugh out loud funny. The dialog is predictable. I like Rachel McAdams, but you could have put anyone in that movie and it would be the same.

Cleary the rating system is subjective. I just don't get it.

1 comment:

Eric Durbin, RPh said...

Anything with Rachel McAdams gets at least 4 stars in my book, and I've only seen her in Wedding Crashers. Then again I'll watch just about any flick if I think there's going to be a hot chick in it.