Saturday, April 7, 2007

Icee

I can't believe Icees are still around. I looked forward to getting them as a child at the mall or Gold Circle. Gold Circle used to have collectible glasses too. I had Ziggy, Strawberry Shortcake, and Star Wars I think. Glasses have a short lifespan in my care. None survived my childhood. I have even broken those mason jar glasses that people claim are indestructible.

My kids love Icees too. Today I sprung for larges for all of us. They have different flavors now. Me, I'm partial to cherry. They took out the food coloring because people complained that it stained their childrens' clothes, so it is white instead of red. Smart really. The straws are different though. The old ones had a little spoon like tip to scoop the Icee if you didn't want to drink it through the straw. I'm not complaining. The Icee could easily have gone the way of Tab, leg warmers, and Monchichis.

No comments: