Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter

Woke up this morning to the sound of scraping. There was a foot of new snow on the ground and the neighbors were trying to get their driveway cleared before the guests arrived. I wanted to pull the covers over my head and spend the rest of the day in bed, but that was not to be.

No really, it's Spring. My daffodils told me so when the blossomed last week. I thought when Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow we were in for an early Spring. The snow prevented us from having the annual Easter egg hut which was not so bad since we could never find all the eggs anyway. Maybe we should have an egg map like on the Gilmore Girls.

The kids spent most of the day eating their weight in chocolate. The Easter Bunny brought my nieces the game 20 questions. That was a big hit. The little hand held computer game doesn't know the person asking the questions, see the items in the room, or see the expression on the person's face who chose the word with each question. What makes 20 questions fun is the interaction between those playing the game. So while one person played the computer, the rest of us played it the old fashioned way. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the game until today.


Happy Easter everyone. I hope you had a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) One year there was snow here on Easter and my friend bundled her kids up for an Easter egg hunt in the snow (using the plastic eggs). The kids loved it! Hopefully, you won't experience the snow again on Easter, but if you do, it's an idea. Glad you had a nice day despite the weather. God bless :)