Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh how I wish I could breathe

The inside of my nose feels as though it is filled with marshmellows dripping with chocolate sauce. Ah and the outside is as red as a cherry on top. I cannot breathe. I woke up in the middle of the night last night unable to breathe. The benadryl worked for a little while this morning, but fell short by the afternoon. I took the sedative dose that is supposed to knock you out within 20-30 minutes an hour ago. Still can't breathe and only slightly drowsy. Sigh.....

So I thought I would tell you about the March of Dimes Walk. We had left at 7am this morning to go to my sister's house. There everyone else was waiting. We then drove downtown to register. Found that eventhough the WalkAmerica website promised every walker a t-shirt, the actual event promised them only to those who earned a 100 dollars or more. We did however receive nice tote backpacks from Cigna, carnations, snacks, and water. There was food offered after the walk also but it was so crowded we decided to eat elsewhere. Tower City wasn't just filled with walkers. The bikers were there in full force. I guess their Freedom ride was today. Not sure why that brought them to Tower City.

The weather was kind to us. No rain. It was on the cool side which made it perfect for a 5 mile walk. We walked past the Jake, Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, through Browns Stadium (Where Brady Quinn will soon be-Yippie), and back to the tower.

I enjoyed the walk. Devin didn't complain once. I was very proud of him for participating in such an important cause.

And that was my day. I hope you had a good one.

No comments: