Friday, April 27, 2007

potatoes growing in my basement

I have had potatoes in my basement since Christmas. Every time I go down there to do laundry I remind myself to throw them away and yet they are still there. The darn things are sprouting like crazy. I can see how they kept the Irish alive for so long.

I thought about planting them. After all, plants generally do better in my care if they are outside. Will see. I might just throw them in the backyard and see what happens.

I don't usually buy potatoes. I love them too much. I would eat them everyday if I could. No, this was a special bag of potatoes. They were used to fill my boys stockings this Christmas. You see, they were misbehaving quite a bit before the holiday and so I threatened to put potatoes in the stockings instead of presents. I know you are supposed to use coal. Too messy. Potatoes are dry, hearty, and fit perfectly in the toe of a stocking. My boys were surprised to find them there that morning. What can I say...I am a woman of my word.

No comments: